Saturday, April 21, 2007

Nando's Chicken




Breakfast: Banana and Soy shake

Snack: Roasted chickpeas and almonds

Lunch: Spinach Omelette

I was really worried about the weekend, as I do a lot of socializing around food. So tonight, instead of our usual cookoff, Chad and I went for a movie and dinner instead. I had not seen the guy for a while as we had both been quite busy, and he is getting ready to move homes next weekend.
I believe in making lemonade when life hands you lemons. So instead of giving him a sob story about dieting, I enthusiastically suggested we give Nando Chicken a try. Coincidentally, the only time we ever had Nando's chicken was when we went to the Eat Vancouver event where Nando had a booth. Chad was a little surprised at my choice of eatery, but since we are pressed for time to make it to our chosen show, there was no protest.
Nando is like an upscale Kentucky Fried chicken and their menu extends to Chicken kebabs. We are both the go big or go home kind of people, so we ordered a family pack that included 1/2 chicken, 8 wings, 2 kebabs, and 2 sides. I took the garden salad with no dressing, nuts and seeds on the side, and wedges of lemon while Chad had the peri fries.
To our surprise, the chicken was juicy and delicious. Actually, everything tasted quite good. Althought Chad advised me not to get the fries if I ever "get off this silly diet".

We went and watched Sharkwaters. A film I highly recommend, and I will try my very best NEVER to eat shark fin soup again. Seriously, I had no idea shark poaching was such a problem. Besides, shark fin doesn't even taste good. Now, if you asked me to give up something like abalone....

Oh, I may have been fond of Chad in the past, but let me tell you what he did at the movies. HE ATE A HUGE ICE-CREAM blizzard type dessert and asked me three times if I was sure I did not want any. %$*&^#!

Nando's Chicken (various locations)

Taste: 3.5 out of 5. The roast chicken was juicy, but the wings and kebabs were a little lacking.

Presentation: 2 out of 5. It's a chicken joint, what do you expect?!

Creativity: 2 out of 5. Comment same as above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.