Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Day 7 (14 days to go)

Breakfast: banana and soy shake

Snack: Curried chicken salad with a brown rice cake

Lunch: Roasted chickpeas and almonds

Snack: Broccoli with hummus

Dinner: Steamed free range chicken with ginger oil (from T&T), carrot sticks with almond yoghurt sauce, self concocted chocolate yoghurt. (I ate this while my family feasted on steak and spaghetti with meatballs) Shows you how much support I get at home. My mother just shakes her head and laughs at me. I retaliate by telling her that she is putting refined, processed and fattening foods in her body. She laughs more.

I took out the 21-day Detox by Nish Joshi which is the book about the diet I am on. Dr. Joshi says that he was raised on a healthy vegetarian diet when he was a kid and never craved Fish and Chips like his British peers. He insists that if one is to follow the diet most of the time, the cravings will vanish eventually. I wonder when that will ever happen to me.

Curried Chicken Salad

-1 cup of cooked shredded chicken breast
-2 tablespoons of yoghurt
-1 teaspoon curry powder
-a bit of chopped cilantro
-salt and pepper

Mix yoghurt, curry powder, cilantro and salt and pepper together until its blended. Mix in shredded chicken. I would add a little raisins to it if I was off this diet.

Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

janet

this blog has turned a bit sour! where are the little tidbits of debauchery we were so used to reading?

Anonymous said...

:) totally agree w/ tony .... this ascetic diet is tough to read! btw, can you have quinoa? that would be a great choice ... or whole wheat cous cous

Unknown said...

14 days to go? the milk's gone bad!!