Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Day 6 (15 days to go)

Breakfast: banana and soy shake

Snack: celery stick with Cannellini Hummus

Lunch: Trout, spinach and 8-grain rice

Snack/Dinner: Falafel with almond yoghurt sauce, roasted chickpeas, yoghurt with unsweetened dutch cocoa (don't know if I am allowed this), walnuts and honey.

I made Cannellini Hummus which is a basic hummus recipe I have adapted to suit my dietary needs. I made it with Cannellini beans instead of chickpeas because that seems to be all I have been eating, don't you think?!

Cannellini Hummus:

-1 can of cannellini beans with half of the liquid dumped out
-juice of 1 lemon
-3 cloves of garlic
-2 handfuls of chopped cilantro
-1/3 cup olive oil
-2 heaping tablespoons of almond butter
- a bit of salt

Whirl everything in a blender for a few minutes until pureed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your cannellini hummus recipe looks a lot like Alton Brown's Turbo Hummus recipe. Here's my take on Alton's recipe. Like you, I use a nut butter in place of tahini. I'm really curious on seeing how substituting chick peas with canellini beans does to hummus. Thanks for the recipe. Cheers